Wednesday, July 24, 2013

The Post-Baby Chronicles-Weight Loss

Ok. So, here is another part of what I am now calling The Post-Baby Chronicles.  This is my adventure to losing the baby weight (and let's be honest, losing "the before I got married, been overweight my entire life" weight) and continuing to adjust to being a working mom of 2 kids. Blogging about my common and normal life is more cathartic than anything else.

SIDE BAR: While I'm typing this at Starbucks, there is an Obama look alike sitting right next to me snacking on a sandwich. If it really is him then he really needs to chew with his mouth closed.  Anyway...

Weight Watchers is going really well.  Because of a new budget we are living by (I'll post on that later), Jared and I discontinued our online membership, got the books, and are going to do this on our own.  It will take a little bit more discipline, but I have the determination and the loving support of my handsome husband. I have also developed a spreadsheet that we can use on our phones that can help keep us on track.  I'll post a link to it in the next post.  My only complaint to WW is why in the world do men get more points than women?? Jared comes home from work, and I ask how many points he has left. He replies with a 100, and I have like 2. So frustrating. I'm gnawing on carrots, and he's downing a bowl of chicken Alfredo.  It's all because Eve took that first bite of apple. Thanks, Eve. 

For the past 3 days, we have done some sort of exercise.  Both Jared and I are basically starting from ground zero. Two days ago, we worked out to my favorite DVD... Zumba! Oh yeah! Even though I look like an idiot because I have no dancing skills, I have so much fun with it.  And the bonus is watching my honey shake his hips :) 

Last night, we both did a workout using our Gain Fitness app while watching an episode of 24 on Netflix.  My arms are definitely feeling the joy today.

So, here is what I suggest.
1. Join Weight Watchers...it really works. (www.weightwatchers.com)
2. Do a different and fun workout everyday so you won't get bored. I enjoy Zumba and Gain Fitness (link to the app: Gain Fitness

Cheers for eating right and shaking your hips! 




0 comments:

Post a Comment