Thursday, April 26, 2012

May = CRAZY!

I haven't posted anything since last week because the end of April and May are absolutely crazy for me.  Why? It's the end of the school year, and everything seems to happen at the end of the school year. But here is an update on what has been keeping me so busy!



Work Life: I teach art so major projects are due in a couple of weeks, and I'm trying to keep all of my fabulous artists on task.  Because I started at a new school this year, I am spending a lot of time revamping lessons, cleaning and organizing the room, and mostly, figuring out what worked and what didn't so that next year will be better.
My husband and I at dinner before chaperoning the prom

Home Life: Jared and I have completely changed how we eat.  I'm sure he hates it, but he is gracious enough to humor me:). I would call it the "D"-word, but I don't want to because then I will feel so completely restricted and it wouldn't last very long.  I am calling it "Healthy Eating", which is exactly what it is.  I am striving to make it more of a permanent change than a temporary one.  We are eating a lot of protein, salads, veggies and fruits that aren't high on the glycemic index. And that's it! We also are giving ourselves one day a month to eat whatever we want. We also took our Before (Day 1) photos yesterday...yikes! I can't wait to take the Day 30 photos and see the changes.

Other than eating right and exercising, I am really working on making our house a home.  We've lived in our house for almost 2 years, and I am just now hanging curtains and pictures. finally decorating. I find that Pinterest is super helpful for coming up with ideas. I will post pictures this week of the progress and my color palette for the living and dining room.

Last, but definitely not least....

Spiritual Life: I am reading a book that has been on my shelf for over 3 years, Breaking Free by Beth Moore.  I picked it because I have started reading, then stopped, started, stopped....and now I'm going to finish.  It is probably one of the best books I've ever read. And the content could not have come at a better time in my life.  I am half way through, and as soon as I'm done, I will post a review.  The premise of the book is to "break free" of the bondage that is inhibiting you from enjoying the freedom God meant for you.  It's powerful and very revealing!

Stay tuned! I will post more soon...I promise!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment