Thursday, May 10, 2012

Birchbox!!

A few months ago, I discovered Birchbox.  It is one of the greatest things on "my" planet.  It's not a tree or a type of bush. 

It is a box full of beauty samples.  For only $10/month, I get a box of 5-6 travel size samples of new and/or top beauty products.  Do you know how much money this saves me a month?  I don't need to go to Sephora or Ulta on a consistent basis. I still go....but usually because its something that I use often and have run out of. 

I just got my May box yesterday and was so excited to see what was inside.  Apparently, it was the "Gossip Girl" edition, which doesn't really mean much to me.  However, it was cool stuff! I am also posting the contents of my March box because I really liked a few products in it (and shhhhh!... so did my husband, one face product in particular.)

March Birchbox:
1. Miss Jessie's Quick Curls
  • I tried this, but it made my hair really oily.  I've got a lot of curl/wave to my hair, and it didn't really work for me.  I'm just going to keep it in my guest bathroom for when they need hair product.
2. Stila sample: Smoky Eye
  • Still haven't used this. But it will be great to keep it in my purse for quick fixes or when I need to go to dinner after work and need a touch-up.
3. Deborah Lippmann "the Stripper to go" Nail Polish Remover Pads
  • I have already used both of these! I love it! However, I wouldn't buy a whole box of them.  A bottle of polish remover and cotton balls work for me.
4.**BEST IN MY BOX!!** One Love Skin Savior - Waterless Beauty Balm


  • This is the facial product that my husband and I both love.  It smells like citrus, takes off any stitch of make-up, keeps your face moisturized, gets rid of any dry skin...and the list goes on.  You can apply it directly to your face and massage in, or you can wash off with a damp cloth.  IT'S AMAZING!!  A little goes a long way.  Only glitch....the full size is $68!
5. Kusmi Tea Paris- "I Love My Detox" Tea
  • I haven't tried this yet, but I'm sure I will. 
6. Peter Thomas Roth - Anti-Aging Cleansing Gel
  • I haven't tried this either.  I think I'm just going to put it in my guest bathroom.  I'm scared to try it because of my crazy dry and sensitive skin.
May Birchbox:
1. Birchbox Notecard
2. Fresh Sugar Rose Tinted Lip Treatment SPF 15
  • Can't wait to try it!! Great for the summer....
3. Kiehl's Abyssine Cream+
  • Anti-wrinkle cream.... I'll try around my eyes and corners of my mouth.... I'm getting some wear and tear on my face.  Prevent wrinkles people!!
4. BVLGARI Omnia Crystalline Eau de Toilette Spray
  • Probably won't use.  Not gonna lie....not a huge fan for it.  To the guest bathroom it goes!
5. Miracle Skin Transformer, Body SPF 20
  • Tried this out last night on my arm.  I thought it was cool at first because it was tinted, but then I saw it! GLITTER!! No no no! No adult should wear glitter. Anywhere. Period.  The guest bathroom is racking up this month.
So that's it.....

I didn't post April's box for a reason. Good stuff, just didn't take a photo of it. It came with this minty green nail polish( "Bevin" from Zoya Spring Collection) that I want to try.  Its a pretty popular color this season. Haven't tried it yet because I teach Pottery and nail polish is a bad idea.
"Bevin"


Blessings to you!

Jessica

0 comments:

Post a Comment