Friday, May 11, 2012

High Five for Friday-May 11, 2012

Yay for Friday!! Its been a really quick week with so many wonderful things happening and many blessings coming from everywhere.

Here are my top five events from the week:

1. My mom and dad came for a visit.  I get to see my mom every month, but I don't get to see my dad as often.  I am so SO glad that he decided to come with mom this month, even if it was just for 48 hours. I love my Daddy! And so does his grandson!
Cayden, Oma, & G-Daddy
2. I sent in my application today to Savannah College of Art and Design (SCAD) for their Master of Fine Arts (MFA) in Painting program.  After a week of prayer and speaking to my wise counsel members, I decided to go for it.  As an educator, I automatically will receive 1/2 tuition scholarship which takes it from $30K/Year to $15K/Year.  After speaking to a SCAD rep, she said that I could also receive an academic scholarship and portfolio scholarship that would make up the difference, giving me a full ride!! So, I am going to do everything that I can to make that happen!! Including creating an entire portfolio in just a few months....but I got this!

3. Finishing out 3 WHOLE weeks of healthy eating! As long as I complete an entire week of healthy eating, I will include it in my top 5.  I consider it a HUGE success to make it through the week. 

4. We did a lot of yard work on Sunday.  It's starting to look good.  We still have a long way to go, but it's definitely on its way.  I believe yard work made us official home owners. Even though we've lived there for almost 2 years, we've only ever done the basic yard up-keep.  But now we are starting to plant grass seed and flowers.... its getting real :-).

5. This is a small success, but I've managed to keep the house clean this week.  Its hard to not just want to lay your stuff everywhere.  Human laziness really kicks in.  But determination and pure will power can override the lazy and keep things clean.  Again, its small, but I'm very happy that I've been able to keep it up, especially with company in the house.

I pray everyone has a fun and safe weekend!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment